Turn Your Dump Truck Into a Salt Spreader - The Meyer Under Tailgate (UTG) Premium Spreader has all the same great features and benefits of the Baseline 960, but it’s constructed with heavier gauge stainless steel, meaning it was built to take more of a beating. This unit doesn’t require you to replace your tailgate, so you can use the dump bed when the spreader is not in use.
- Performance - Hydraulic or Electric?: Meyer UTG Premium spreaders can apply salt, sand or combination of both, from four to 40 feet away on icy drives and snowy parking lots. If your vehicle has a central hydraulics system and you want to use it to power your spreader, you need our hydraulic-driven UTG. It can be powered using a direct-drive or gearbox-drive system. Direct-drive gives you higher performance and decreased maintenance, while the gearbox-drive offers better control at low spread rates for more efficient spreading. For dump trucks without central hydraulics, or if you don’t want to use them to drive the spreader, you’ll want a Meyer electric UTG. Electric motors offer many ease-of-use advantages and are ideal for lighter, free-flowing materials.
- Reliability - Built to Last: Meyer dump truck spreaders are designed to meet the needs of the most demanding contractors. Some of the across-the-board features of our built-to-last spreaders include: The sealed 1/2 HP stainless steel auger motor and 1/2 HP explosion-proof spinner motor provide unparalleled reliability in rough winter environments; Marine-grade sealed electrical connections that create a watertight seal for greater uptime and less interruption; Slot and tab construction that provides a tighter, longer-lasting fit and finish to our products, thereby delivering increased reliability; Powder-coated paint for greater durability over the life of your spreader; The 3/8-inch auger flighting is the thickest in the industry for the ultimate in abrasion resistance; Hinged-top cover protects spreader during normal dump body operations and makes the dump truck functional during non-spreading operations; Electric safety interlock system disables the auger when opening bottom door; top cover provides safer cleanout and maintenance operations.
- Ease of Use - Easy to Use, Clean and Maintain: Meyer dump truck spreaders include an adjustable spinner frame that allows you to easily change the height of the spinner mechanism. Spinners are easily removed without any tools and a hinged bottom door makes clean out and blockage removal easier. The UTG’s Electric Safety Interlock System, which disables the auger when opening the bottom door, makes for safer and easier cleaning and/or maintenance. On hydraulic models, a spinner stabilizer kit keeps the spinner parallel to the road for optimum spreading performance. For more efficient operation, an anti-flow plate prevents material from dropping through the assembly.
- Type: Dump truck tailgate
- Vehicle: Medium-duty dump trucks (15,000 GVW and larger)
- Body width: 88-inches or 96-inches
- Materials: Salt, 50/50 salt-sand mix, sand
- Motor: Hydraulic or electric
- Construction: Stainless steel
- Part #: 63904
- Total Height: 19"
- Spinner Diameter: 18"
- Hopper Width: 96"
- Spread Width (min-max): 4' - 40'
- Spreading Material: Salt, Salt/Sand Mix
- Spinner Material: Poly
- Hopper Depth: 18"
- Empty Weight: 450 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Hopper Height: 19"
- Hopper Material: Mild Steel