Meyer Under Tailgate Premium Spreader for Dump Trucks
You can turn your dump truck into a salt spreader with the Meyer UTG Premium Spreader. With all the same great features and benefits of the Baseline 960, it does have the advantage of being constructed with heavier gauge stainless steel, making it more reliable and long-lasting. This unit doesn’t require you to replace your tailgate, so you can use the dump bed when the spreader is not in use. Meyer dump truck spreaders are made tough for hard jobs, and this spreader is no exception.
Like all Meyer dump truck spreaders, this one can apply salt, sand, or a combination from 4 to 40 feet away. It includes an adjustable spinner frame, allowing you to easily change the height of the spinner mechanism. Spinners are easily removed without any tools and a hinged bottom door makes clean-out and blockage removal easier. Safety is a priority too, and the UTG’s Electric Safety Interlock System disables the auger when the bottom door is opened for easy cleaning and maintenance.
On hydraulic models, a spinner stabilizer kit keeps the spinner parallel to the road for optimum spreading performance. For more efficient operation, an anti-flow plate prevents material from dropping through the assembly.
Does your vehicle has a central hydraulics system that you want to use to power your spreader?
You need our hydraulic-driven UTG, which can be powered using a direct-drive or gearbox-drive system. Direct-drive gives higher performance and decreased maintenance, while the gearbox drive offers better control at low spread rates for more efficiency.
Does your dump truck not have central hydraulics?
If you don’t have central hydraulics, or you don’t want to use them to drive the spreader, you’ll want a Meyer electric UTG. Electric motors offer many advantages and are great for lighter, free-flowing materials.
- Sealed 1/2 HP stainless steel auger motor and 1/2 HP explosion-proof spinner motor for reliability in uncertain conditions
- Marine-grade sealed electrical connections create a watertight seal for greater uptime and less interruption
- Slot and tab construction provides a tighter, longer-lasting fit and finish
- Powder-coated paint for greater durability over the life of your spreader
- The 3/8-inch auger flighting is the thickest in the industry for the ultimate in abrasion resistance
- Hinged-top cover protects the spreader during normal dump body operations and makes the dump truck functional during non-spreading operations
- Electric safety interlock system disables the auger when opening a bottom door; top cover provides safer cleanout and maintenance operations.
Quick Facts & Specifications
- Body width: 88-inches or 96-inches
- Construction: Stainless steel
- Empty Weight: 450 lbs.
- Hopper Depth: 18"
- Hopper Height: 19"
- Hopper Material: Stainless Steel
- Hopper Width: 96"
- Materials: Salt, 50/50 salt-sand mix, sand
- Motor: Hydraulic or electric
- Part #: 63902
- Spinner Diameter: 18"
- Spinner Material: Poly
- Spread Width(min-max): 4' - 40'
- Spreading Material: Salt, Salt/Sand Mix
- Total Height: 19"
- Type: Dump truck tailgate
- Vehicle: Medium-duty dump trucks(15,000 GVW and larger)
- Warranty: 1 Year